Saturday, January 7, 2012

Varanasi morning




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Varanansi day 2

We had to wake up really early for a sunrise boat ride on the Ganges. it was really foggy and it gave this mysterious effect. We once again had to walk through to the ghat and even though it was early many people were out and about. many people coming back from bathing in the river.


When we got to the river the fog was so thick we almost cancelled the boat trip. It was very difficult to see all the activity but we got a good sense of it all. we saw men doing laundry, they beat the laundry against rocks.


Many people were bathing and praying and even drinking the water. I found it beautiful even among the filth. maybe I am learning to empty my mind of judgement:)














I think I could have stayed here one more day to experience this life more. This was the high point of the trip in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment