Friday, December 30, 2011





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

We Wer up early for our trip to Amber . The wall that surrounded the Pink City was beautiful.
luckily we were one of the first groups to arrive at the fort. As the line moved on we were attacked by hawkers selling there trinkets. It is really hard to get away from them. I bought some jeweled pens to bring home for my students and wow I am getting better at the bargaining (Karen you would be proud). As we turned the corner there were elephants some with beautiful paints waiting to take us up to the fort.









What beautiful animals. I know I was not going to ride to make a statement but I couldnt help myself. Our beautiful girl was named Maria and was 25 years old. We began up the hill and it was a bumpy ride. The mahouts were all so sweet greeting us and trying out their english. As we got to the top I was holding on yo the bar that keeps you in and trying to take a photo at the same time. mariantook a step andmImliftedmthembar and it opened up leaving nothing to hold us in. I started going forward and almost fell out but the Sandra grabbed me and the mahout turned around and grabbed me as well, TERRIFYING. To think about what could have happened.


The Amber fort was amazing. I had no idea of the size of the place. there all these hallways and ornate carving. A man from the group and I were wondering and a guard beckoned us to follow him and he took us down into the water storage area where the water was collected from the rain. It was interesting.












I love this. Elephants and the Genasha are considered good luck



















2 comments:

  1. Oh, how scary! Glad you were okay. The elephants look so amazing and beautiful. I can't wait to hear how you ring in the new year. Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow....adventurous times....stay safe

    ReplyDelete